1. What is customs service?
First of all, let’s find out what the customs service is and what forms it includes!
Customs service is a job performed by service companies to help importers and exporters clear goods in the most convenient way. At the same time, the service provider will receive the service fee as agreed upon by the two parties in the contract.
There will be 2 main forms when using import and export customs services based on the representative who makes customs documents:
- Customs clearance: For this form, the goods owner will make an introduction and transfer it to a service unit or individual for them to do the customs clearance on behalf of the goods owner. The direct service person will not appear the name of the legal entity (or individual) on the customs documents.
- Customs agent: For this service, the service company (individuals cannot do it) will use its own name along with digital signatures on declarations and copies of documents to submit to customs. customs and do customs clearance services for customers.
So how do you choose the form that’s right for you? Customers need to know clearly the needs, strengths and weaknesses of each item so that consulting service companies can choose accordingly. Each type will have different strengths and weaknesses.
For example, the rental service will usually be more popular and convenient for customers, but the declarant will not be responsible if any problems arise.
2. The concept of a package of customs services
For a package customs service, it will include all related operations and costs, customers/shippers only need to provide documents, sign and stamp, and then receive the goods without having to do it themselves. do anything extra or pay anything other than the quote received before.
However, in reality, there are many different types of goods, so the customs clearance procedures for each type will also be different. For easy shipments, the procedure and processing time will be simpler and shorter; on the contrary, for difficult shipments, the work and procedures will be more, take more time and effort for both the goods owner and the service provider.
For an easy shipment, the business steps are relatively simple and can be done in the following steps:
- Make a customs declaration according to the documents sent by the goods owner
- Preparing customs documents
- Submit documents, pay taxes and clear customs for each shipment
However, as mentioned, there are many types of special goods that when doing customs procedures, it is necessary to have certain additional operations such as:
- Apply for an import-export license: this is the first step to do and the most important, because if you don’t have an import-export license but you have to make a customs declaration, the penalty rate will be is very high.
- Specialized inspection: includes many different types of inspection such as quarantine, fumigation, registration, quality control, chemical declaration… Depending on the type of inspection, have separate fees. These costs can be combined if the customer uses the package customs service.
- Inspection: will be carried out by the customs officer. They will use specialized equipment such as scanners and inspection tools to physically check the goods. Regardless of the declaration of the red channel, the yellow channel or the green channel, if there is a doubt that it needs to be checked, the cost of lifting and lowering the container, cutting lead, fostering, … will be incurred. Therefore, you should consider using package customs service to avoid these additional costs.
- Pricing consultation, post-clearance check: This step is rarely but not impossible. For items prone to high price risk and customs suspecting that the declared price is lower than the actual value, such items will have to go to the price consultation or post-clearance inspection. Of course, this is the part that is incurred, so it will lead to more costs in the total quote. So please work specifically with the customs service provider on this issue.
- Refund of import tax, VAT for imported goods: this operation rarely happens, but is often seen in cases of C/O debt & pay enough tax to clear the goods first, then have the C/O to pay and claim tax refund. This service, although additional, will take a lot of time, so it is usually not included in the customs clearance service. What happens after the goods have been cleared like this, need to be calculated separately for clarity, avoiding unnecessary misunderstandings between you and the package customs service provider.
3. Who needs to use customs clearance services?
- Inexperienced shippers: Does not know the specific business to clear a shipment, so it is very difficult to complete the procedures, and requires certain skills. Inexperienced shippers should hire a service party to do it from start to finish, until the goods are cleared.
- Ship owner wants to hire one service to do it all: Convenient and instead of having to hire each stage as a service, have to work, provide documents for many parties, Shippers only need to contact and work directly with one party to receive full customs clearance support.
- Shipper wants to reduce the risk of incurring unexpected costs: If the goods owner does not know the import-export business, he will not know the costs and expenses. generation, leading to more risks and more costs than expected. This further confirms that shippers should choose and work with a reputable service company if they want to minimize the risks of unexpected costs as much as possible.
4. Customs Service of Toho Taha
Toho Taha is currently one of the newly established units but is led by leaders who have more than 10 years of experience in the field of import and export along with a young and enthusiastic staff, dedicated to customers. Row. With the mission of always bringing the best values, optimizing processes and costs for Customers, Customers can rest assured to choose services customs package by Toho Taha.
In addition to the package customs service, Toho Taha also has services for booking, trucking inland and entrusting service< strong> import and export professionally, saving a lot of costs for customers.
If you need advice, please contact Toho Taha via hotline or zalo: 0917 00 99 68 (Mr.Thai) or email firstname.lastname@example.org for the fastest support and quotes.
Hotline: 0917 00 99 68 (Mr.Thai)
Services of Toho Taha
Import and Export Entrustment
You may be interested: